22 Oct 2011

SC#4 │ Stuffed peppers

I was on Skype with my mom and my brother a couple days ago (my dad was at work, someone has to pay for my rant, heh!) and I told them I didn't know how I would survive one more day with the food I had left: only a pepper, half a pack of feta cheese and a small piece of chorizo. Then, my 15 years old brother proved smart and creative and told me to mix the cheese and the diced chorizo and stuff the pepper with that. My mom told me to add bread to the mix so that it wouldn't melt or explode or whatever.

Both my flatmate Laura and I can attest of the tastiness of their idea!

Here's what I used to fill my small yellow pepper and tiny tomato:
- one slice white bread
- 100g feta cheese (or Greek salad cheese)
- chorizo, about 10cms (more or less 4 inches)

Preheat oven on 200/220°C.
Crumble the bread. Dice the chorizo in very tiny bits. Mix everything in a bowl with your hands. Cut your pepper in half and empty your tomato of its insides. Stuff the vegetables with the mix. Cook in a platter in which you'll have put 2-3 tbsp uncooked rice (to absorb the juice if juice there is) for about 25-30mns.

I used very photogenic weirdly young cook Sam Stern's advice and covered my platter with foil for the first 20mns as not to make my cheese burn.


***

J'étais sur Skype avec ma mère et mon frère il y a deux jours (le père était au travail, il faut bien que quelqu'un s'y colle pour payer mon loyer, hein !) et je leur expliquais que je doutais que je puisse survivre un jour de plus avec le peu de nourriture qu'il me restait : un petit poivron, une petite tomate, un peu de feta et un bout de chorizo. Là, mon petit frère de seulement 15 ans s'est montré étonnamment intelligent et créatif et m'a dit de mélanger fromage et chorizo et d'en farcir mes légumes. Ma mère a complété en me disant d'y ajouter un peu de pain pour que le tout se tienne.

Ma coloc Laura et moi pouvons témoigner de la déliciositude de leur recette !

Pour farcir un petit poivron et une petite tomate, j'ai utilisé :
- une tranche de pain de mie
- environ 100g de feta
- un bout de chorizo d'à peu près 10cm

Préchauffer le four à 200/220°C.
Emietter le pain, couper le chorizo en tous petits morceaux. Mélanger le tout aux doigts avec le fromage. Farcir les légumes. Les faire cuire dans un plat dans lequel vous aurez mis un petit peu de riz non-cuit pour absorber le jus des légumes (si jus il y a) pendant 25 à 30mn.

J'ai suivi le conseil du très photogénique et bizarrement jeune cuisiner Sam Stern et j'ai recouvert mon plat de papier d'alu pendant les 20 premières minutes pour que mon fromage ne brule pas.

2 comments:

  1. Call us Masters .... again !

    ReplyDelete
  2. and call me banker...again!
    Sorry, I need to go, i have to go to work...

    Poor me...Ha...Ha...Ha

    ReplyDelete