22 Apr 2014

Bar review | LAB Bar


A couple weekends ago, me and the man decided to go on a day of fun in London for a special little occasion. We wanted it a little special, so I suggested lots of activities. Museums, Boris bikes, bowling, parks... 

I was met with a: "Meh."

And then: "Let's go for a drink?"

I should've known.

We actually headed off to Tap Coffee and started with a coffee drink first (and a wee bit of cake!) It was while tucked in the coffee shop that the man mentioned alcohol again. We wanted to try something new, so I googled "cocktails bar Soho" and we headed towards the first result that looked good.


LAB Bar was a fantastic choice. From the exterior, it doesn't look like much, but wait till you step inside. It's got a fabulous sixties decor, with a huge dark wooden bar and fabulous retro wallpaper. The cocktail list is never ending. I kid you not: it's actually a cocktail booklet. There was page after page of incredible sounding drinks (and fun ones too — I almost went for a Game of Sloanes.) You can check out the menu here.



I finally decided on the Passion Victim (Tapatio Blanco muddled with fresh lime, passionfruit & homemade honey water, served frappé with a Crème de Mure float) while the man naturally picked the Red Hot Chilli Pepper (Lemongrass & Chilli Infused El Jimador Tequila with mixed With LAB vanilla Sugar & Ginger Beer, crowned with sparkling wine & a Goldschlager float.)

Both were excellent. Mine was really refreshing, nicely sweet and deliciously fruity. I loved how the passionfruit grains added a little bit of acidity. The man seemed to enjoy his a lot as well. The photo below shows his bliss. (The bliss decreased a little when he decided to bite half of the pepper off. He survived though.)


The cocktails range around the £8-9 mark and I would highly recommend them. I hear you can even book the place out for cocktail making sessions and serve bits of sushi... Here's an idea for my birthday next year!

I'll be back soon to share part two of our day, a review of a FAB sushi restaurant. x

LAB Bar, 12 Old Compton Street, Soho, W1D 4TQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment